Many people still believe dentures are ill-fitting and hard to deal with, but advances in dental technology have made it possible for dentures to be easy, comfortable, and natural-looking.
Depending on the looks you want, you can choose the color, shape, and tooth size, ensuring you receive individualized dentures that help restore your confidence in eating, talking, and smiling. At Midtown Dental, we can provide full or partial dentures that perfectly fit your mouth and improve your overall well-being.
Which Type of Dentures Is Right for Me?
The type of dentures that provide the best restoration for your teeth depends on several factors, including how many teeth are missing, where the missing teeth are in your mouth, and your oral health.
Full dentures replace all the missing teeth along your upper or lower jaw, staying attached to your gums through suction. The plastic resin base of dentures is the same color of your gums, ensuring they look natural when you smile.
If only some of your teeth are missing, partial dentures can fill the gaps left by the teeth you lost. When you have missing teeth, your remaining teeth might begin to shift toward the gaps, which can cause shrinkage of your gums and jawbone. Over time, you could start experiencing issues eating and speaking.
Partial dentures come in several types and can be fixed or removable dentures. They contain artificial teeth that look as close to your natural teeth as possible and a gum-colored base, helping you feel confident with your smile.
The following are common types of partial dentures:
- Cast metal dentures: replacement teeth with a cast metal frame that attaches to your existing teeth with metal clasps.
- Acrylic: Removable partial dentures made of acrylic plastic that attach to your teeth with metal clasps, typically for temporary use while a permanent solution is in progress.
- Fixed bridge: artificial teeth that bridge the gap by attaching to the neighboring teeth or implants in your gums.
- Flexible dentures: plastic dentures that provide more comfort compared to cast metal or acrylic dentures.
Implant-supported dentures are a combination of full dentures and dental implants, providing the best stability and function. Instead of suctioning to your gums or requiring denture adhesive, implant dentures snap on to sturdy implants connected to your jaw.
These are a few of the benefits of implant-supported dentures:
- Helps preserve your jawbone
- Lasts longer than traditional dentures
- Allows you to remove and clean them easily
- Functions and looks more like your natural teeth
Get Natural-Looking, Comfortable Dentures in Denver, CO
Even after you receive your dentures, you still need to visit your dentist at Midtown Dental for regular exams and cleanings.
The fit of your dentures can change over time, but our professional team can make adjustments to ensure they fit comfortably in your mouth. Our cleanings also reduce the chances of getting infections and keep your dentures looking fresh.
If you have questions about full, partial, or implant dentures, call our dental office today at 303-377-2345.